YPS 2020 Presentation Proposal
We want YOU to share your experience, training and knowledge as a presenter at the 2nd Annual Yosemite Peace Symposium. We picked the theme “A Gathering of Peacemakers” for this event and what better place to gather than near the grandeur of Yosemite.
The Planning Committee is seeking experts in the area of peace to make this an event that people come back to, year after year. The Symposium brings these experts together with those who are peacemakers in their communities, giving them tangible tools to bring home and implement a plan for building peace in their own communities.
All net proceeds raised from this event will be donated to a local cause.
The Symposium sessions are offered in tracks with the following areas of focus:
- Peace and the Environment– Destruction to the environment can be both a cause and effect of war. Food insecurity is prevalent in the U.S. and around the world, while food waste is filling up landfills contributing to greenhouse gases. The connection between peace and the environment is becoming more and more obvious.
- Peace and Our Youth– Conflict resolution, anti-bullying education, social emotional learning and mindfulness in schools are just a few ways to support the next generation of peacemakers.
- Peace and Human Dignity– A peaceful world celebrates diversity. We all deserve to live a life of dignity regardless of race, age, religion, country of origin, physical challenges or housing status.
- Peace and the Arts– Art in its many forms can be a power catalyst for improving the world and inspiring positive change. Whether through the performing arts, music, visual arts, spoken word/storytelling or poetry/written word, we’ve al experienced the healing effects of the arts.
Presentation formats: Each breakout session is ninety minutes long including presentation and question and answer period.
Deadline: Please return form as soon as possible, no later than October 25, 2019.
Conditions for Proposals
- Proposal must be submitted no later than Friday, October 25, 2019.
- Proposals will be reviewed by the Planning Committee and judged based on relevance to the topic, quality, qualifications of presenter and originality.
- Proposals for individual and panel presentations are accepted.
- Presentations should provide attendees with action items they can take back to implement in their communities.
- This is a non-partisan event. Presentations are to be non-political.
- Interactive presentations are strongly encouraged.
- Presenters are responsible for all materials for the presentation (i.e. Powerpoint presentations, visual aids, handouts, etc.) Please be sensitive to the environmental impact if handouts are used.
- Yosemite Peace Symposium will provide a screen, podium, microphone and power. Presenters are encouraged to bring their own laptop and LCD projector if needed. If one is not available, please let us know and we will try to accommodate.
- Email proposals to Susan Madden at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have questions, please contact Susan via email or call (559) 683-4569.