About the Yosemite Peace Symposium
Welcome to the Yosemite Peace Symposium and “A Gathering of Peacemakers.”
We can’t think of a better place to meet than the Tenaya Lodge at Yosemite, near the gates of Yosemite National Park, one of the most peaceful places on earth.
Oftentimes we attend conferences, learn some new and exciting information, go home and then go back to our regular routines. We want the Yosemite Peace Symposium to be different, and here’s how. We are offering three tracks to choose from – Peace and the Environment, Peace and Our Youth and Peace and Human Dignity – with very focused breakout sessions in each track. Speakers will share ideas for you take away. The final track will be a facilitated goal-setting session, so that you will leave with specific tools to implement a plan for building peace in your community. We believe that what is implemented will create a movement that will eventually be a “tipping point” where we will see the spread of peaceful practices on a larger scale.
And wait, it won’t end there. We are building a community of peacemakers who will share ideas and support each other through regular, online communication.
10 Reasons Why You Should Attend the Yosemite Peace Symposium
- Because your purpose is to cultivate peace
- Because you know that peace begins with each of us
- Because you’ve forgotten everything you learned at the last conference you attended
- Because you’re ready for a new kind of learning experience
- Because you want a plan to implement peace in your community (neighborhood, school, office, etc.)
- Because you want to learn from those that are already working in the area of peace
- Because you want to share ideas with other people just like you
- Because you’re ready to start walking your talk
- Because Yosemite is one of the most beautiful places on earth!
- Because you want to be a part of a community of Peacemakers
Who Will Benefit from the Symposium Proceeds?
All net proceeds from the Yosemite Peace Symposium will go to the following local causes:
Boys & Girls Club of Oakhurst – The mission of the Boys & Girls Club is to enable all young people, especially those who need us most, to reach their full potential as productive, caring, responsible citizens.
Mountain Area Jubilee – This program provides tools and training to local people in their efforts to rise out of poverty.